In our pioneering project with Transport for Wales, we took on the monumental task of transforming the Core Valley Lines (CVL) from an ageing network into a contemporary, electrified metro-style service. Acting as an end-to-end infrastructure manager, we’ve designed the innovative solution, we’re developing and delivering it, and then managing the assets.
At a Glance
- Fast, frequent service: Four trains an hour will reduce journey times by up to 20%
- Innovative engineering: Pioneering a novel ‘discontinuous electrification’ solution in the UK
- Cost savings: Millions saved in civil works kept the project within budget
- Net-zero hero: Saving tonnes of carbon, paving the way for sustainable rail
- Social value: Creating hundreds of new jobs and connecting 1.5 million people
of track electrified
From the beginning, this has been more than a transport system; it is a catalyst for transforming the economic and social prospects of South East Wales. The outcome for communities is new, clean, reliable transport from the Welsh valleys into the capital - revitalising the economy, providing sustainable travel and countless opportunities for the people of South Wales.