Amey, the support services and infrastructure specialist, is pleased to announce that it has successfully secured one year extensions on four key highway maintenance and management contracts, the value of which is in excess of £85 million.
Amey has worked in close partnership with the Highways Agency and Scottish Executive for a number of years and across a variety of highway management and maintenance contracts. The Highways Agency and Scottish Executive has extended the Company’s contracts in the following areas/units respectively:
- Area 1 in Devon and Cornwall to May 2006
- Area 9 in the West Midlands to June 2007
- Area 10 in the North West to June 2007
- South East Scottish Trunk Road Unit contract to March 2007
Mel Ewell, Chief Executive of Amey, said: “We are extremely pleased to have gained these significant contract extensions, which further consolidate our very successful start to 2005. Amey has long-standing and much valued partnerships with the Highway’s Agency and Scottish Executive, and looks upon these extensions as indicative of the value enhancing approach that Amey has applied to its work with the Agency and the Executive.”
He added: “This news demonstrates the quality and commitment that our staff brings to such projects and underlines Amey’s market leading position. We now look forward to further demonstrating our efficiency, effectiveness and commitment by delivering a quality service to all road users in these areas.”
Notes to Editors:
- Amey is a leading provider of integrated business and infrastructure services to the public and private sector and is working closely with central and local government to develop major projects, including PFI and PPP projects, in the education, health, transport and defence sectors. Services range from the management of large scale transportation infrastructure to the delivery of professional and back office services, all of which are underpinned by leading-edge technology and a genuine partnering philosophy.
- Amey Infrastructure Services Limited (“AIS”), is a division of Amey PLC. AIS focuses on the provision of comprehensive end-to-end service solutions, on a national basis, to a wide range of infrastructure clients. AIS comprise the strengths and capabilities of:
- Professional Services
- Strategic Highways
- Local Government
- Operational Services
- AIS is the UK’s leading provider of integrated highway design and management and maintenance services for local and central government clients in England and Scotland. AIS delivers 15% of the maintenance budget and manages and maintains 27% of the highways network in England, and 60% in Scotland. AIS further delivers highway and street lighting services for local government include Walsall MBC, Wakefield MDC, City of York, Wolverhampton MBC, Calderdale MBC, Manchester City Council, Portsmouth City Council, Halton Borough Council, Hertfordshire County Council, North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire. AIS delivers services to more than 3.6 million people and, as one of the largest street lighting service providers in the UK, is responsible for the management and/or maintenance of more than 500,000 street lights.