If you are one of the 20,000 people who leave the military every year or a Reservist, we can help you make the most of your skills and experience.
Our promise to our Armed Forces colleagues
- We understand the benefits and value serving and veteran Armed Forces bring to our team, so we’ve made a promise to help more people find rewarding work with us. We also feel this talent pool has been overlooked for too long by many businesses, so we are committed to helping veterans secure careers for the future.
- We have identified champions within our Resourcing Team to support in the recruitment of veterans and reserves, and work directly with CTP
- We have a clear policy to support Reservists and accompanying guidance to support both them and their line manager.
- To help Reservists, we offer 10 days additional paid leave for the annual 2 week deployment exercise. In our 2018 Armed Forces Survey we were pleased to find that 90% of Amey Reservists would recommend Amey as a good place to work to friends/colleagues who are also Reservists
- We have a ‘Mental Health Ambassador Network’ as part of our partnership with Time to Change. This aims to both support people with their challenged, and end mental health discrimination both within Amey and beyond. Our Armed Forces survey, identified a number of ex-armed forces who decided to become ambassadors, based on their experiences and ability to support others leaving the forces, including those suffering from PTSD
Our teams also volunteer to support veterans and the wider community.
- Putting our promise into practice
- We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and promised to support our veterans
- We use Armed Forces Week in June as our main campaign to raise awareness
- SSAFA is our chosen Armed Forces corporate charity – each year we run Big Brew Up events to fund-raise for the charity
- The Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) are a provider of routine and bespoke permanent signs for commercial applications, public buildings, roads and railways. They are a registered not for profit charity that provides rehabilitation, accommodation and employment for disabled and disadvantaged people. RBLI are a manufacturer and supplier of Highways and Street signs - in 2018 we spent £400k, indirectly providing sustainable employment for x2 veterans.
Gold Award for Amey in the Defence Employee Recognition Scheme
Our continued commitment to supporting the armed forces community has been recognised with the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) awarding us Gold.
The Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. We have aligned our values and activates to the Armed Forces Covenant which means we make it our mission to treat serving and veterans fairly.