Beware recruitment scams
Amey is aware of recent incidents involving organisations and individuals falsely claiming to recruit people on our behalf. These organisations and individuals purport to work for Amey, approach individuals with offers of employment, issue false contracts and solicit personal details and/or money to process security checks, etc.
Please be aware that all individuals who gain employment with Amey do so after a formal recruitment process. At no stage in the process do we ask for payments of any kind.
Be vigilant to fraudulent communications purporting to be on behalf of companies within or associated with Amey.
Watch out for some tactics that fraudsters use in scam recruitment:
- Email communications that come from non-Amey e-mail addresses (e.g. from a yahoo, gmail or aol address although you may see the Amey name in the first part of the email)
- Job seekers are approached with a false application form and asked to apply for a job
- Contact numbers provided by fraudsters are typically mobile telephones starting with +44 (0)70, rather than official company telephone numbers
- Fraudsters may use the names of genuine people at Amey or genuine job reference numbers as part of the scam
- Job offers are given quickly after a telephone conversation rather than a formal recruitment process followed by an offer of a high salary and attractive benefits package with all paperwork completed
- Payment for security or medical checks and bank or passport details are requested
- We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited job opportunities from people with whom you are unfamiliar. Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
What you can do
- If you believe you have been defrauded, stop all communication and report the fraud to the authorities, i.e. your local police station or Action Fraud and provide them with all the relevant information.
- If you have provided bank details, contact your bank immediately
- Report any instances of fraudulent approaches or job offers to Amey at: email@example.com
- Live job opportunities from Amey can be viewed by checking current vacancies on the Amey Job Search.
June 2016 update
We are currently aware of an individual using the name Sarson’s Recruitment contacting people in relation to an alleged number of vacancies on behalf of Amey. We can confirm that have no relationship with Sarson’s Recruitment and have not engaged with them for any recruitment services whatsoever.
Amey will never partner with an organisation that would request personal information except contact details & DOB. If you are in any doubt whatsoever we recommend that you do not pass on any personal information on to any organisation suggesting they are representing Amey. This can be clarified by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.