Our recruitment approach
We appreciate that recruitment applications, for some, can be a new or daunting experience, which is why we try to make ours as simple, transparent, and as engaging as possible.
We genuinely believe it should be a two-way relationship, enabling us both to make the best decisions possible and it is at the heart of our recruitment ethos.
- Step 1 - Follow the link to apply and answer a few simple questions so that we can ensure that you meet our essential initial criteria. We try to keep these to a minimum so please ensure that you qualify before applying.
- Step 2 - Depending on your preferred business unit, you might receive an invitation to a candidate briefing call or an informal drop-in session to delve deeper into the role's details.
- Step 3 - You will be asked to take part in our online, game based behavioural assessment. Whilst our assessment is underpinned by serious behavioural science, we want you to relax, be yourself and enjoy our recruitment process. Upon completion, you will receive a free personal profile to help you understand your natural behaviours better.
- Step 4 - After comparing your natural behaviours with those required for the role, you will be invited to either an informal online briefing or 1-2-1 discussion, where you will learn more about the specific role you applied for and get a feel for what life is really like at Amey.
- Step 5 - If we are both still excited about each-other, those identified with the closest matching natural behaviours will be invited to either an interview or Assessment Centre, where you will meet members of our team, have a Strengths-Based interview and take part in an interactive team activity with fellow applicants.
- Step 6 - Regardless of outcome we provide individual feedback to those who reach our interview/assessment centre stage.
We want our recruitment approach to be as inclusive as possible, enabling you to be able to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process. We can make adjustments to support this, so whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, if at any stage of our recruitment process you require assistance, please let us know or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.