Severn Trent Water
Severn Trent Water receive around 14,000 complaints about the colour of their drinking water each year. Each of these complaints costs them over £1000 in fines. They needed to identify the factors that cause these complaints, in order to reduce complaints and improve the quality of their drinking water.
Strategic Consulting undertook an analytics program to identify root causes of drinking water complaints, and to help improve the quality of their drinking water.
- We showed that a large number of complaints follow works done by Severn Trent
- We created a methodology for better complaint attribution
- We identified which work types should be targeted for maximum reductions in complaint numbers
- KPIs were developed to help monitor improvements and thus reduce complaints
- Advice was given on better data collection to improve situational awareness and further reduce numbers of complaints
- Overall, this enabled us to identify millions of pounds in potential savings