Engineering at Amey Consulting
Being an engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work through from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities - our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
You’ll have the chance to meet like-minded people, empowering you to grow your own network and learn from others. And we’ll give you all this with the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
A pipeline of opportunity
Our healthy pipeline of high-profile and diverse projects across our Consultancy and Design business includes:
- Working on the £45m National Highways (formerly Highways England) A66 Northern Transpennine route as the Design Partner contract, helping to transform the A66
- Highways design contract on the Clyde Waterfront and Renfrew Riverside (CWRR) project - aligning associated and new roads to the 184-metre road bridge to be built over the River Clyde, as part of the Glasgow City Region City Deal
- Network Rail’s vast King’s Cross remodelling project - providing designs supporting the renewal of the ageing track and signaling infrastructure
- Transport for Greater Manchester’s (TfGM) £88m Professional Services Framework - bringing exciting innovations to drive performance improvement across transport in the North West
- Working with Staffordshire County Council to deploy a series of air quality sensors across the county ahead of trialling innovative solutions to improve air quality for residents
- Working with Swindon Borough Council to deliver engineering and transportation services as part of the Highways and Transport Professional Services Framework.
At Amey Consulting you’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career, whether through further qualifications, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
We actively support individuals to gain appropriate professional qualifications. From Technician through to Fellow grades, we mentor our people throughout their professional training and in preparing for professional review.
Our close links with over 25 professional institutions, combined with industry leading professional review results makes Amey Consulting a great place to gain your professional qualification. Once successful, you can also apply for a recognition payment, in acknowledgement of your new professional status.
A great place to work
We want people to bring their whole self to work to create a great place to work - inclusion and diversity are essential to this. So, we champion hybrid and flexible working, lots of wellbeing resources and support, and family-friendly policies. Our inclusion ambassadors and employee Affinity Groups (Women at Amey, Pride, Multicultural, Neurodiversity) promote belonging and inclusion across the business.
We know that our people are our greatest asset, so we’ve built a reward and benefits programme that puts you first, including:
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A minimum 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Professional Subscription – one per year
- Save with Amey – shopping discounts and cashback
- Amey Choices – Flexible benefits including purchasing additional annual leave and gym memberships, as well as direct access to specialist services such as Peppy - a menopause support service, Amey's employee Assistance Programme covering all matters from wellbeing to financial support services as well as access to the Vitality GP service.
Your Career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We'll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Consultancy & Design latest news
From designing sustainable transport projects, undertaking feasibility studies for clients to launching our new degree apprenticeship programmes.
Find out more about our Consultancy & Design business.