What is the purpose of this role?
Deliver all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications and ensure the project requirements are fully met.
What will this role involve?
- Provide support to the Engineer and Senior Engineer within the design team on various design duties, including:
- Feasibility and other technical reports
- Planning, programming and cost estimation
- Design production
- Check work of Graduate Engineer
- Produce design schedules
- Amend design drawings
- Support development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians
- Attend design and collaboration meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng through relevant engineering subject, or equivalent experience
- Design Experience
- Experience within the highways sector
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary projects
- Use of relevant Technical Software
- CDM 2015
- Communications skills
What makes this role unique?
In a client focused role working within a new generation Design Support Contract with Highways England, you will ensure that a strong relationship with the client is developed and maintained, portfolios of projects are delivered, cost-effective, technically sound design solutions are produced to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.
We challenge the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’. We think about how consumer behaviours – and expectations – are changing and leverage human data as much as big data. We are infrastructure technologists AND futurologists: long-term vision powering lifetime value. We have intelligent heads but our boots are firmly on the ground: challenging, anticipating, solving, inventing. Inspiring with science, not blinding by it. Passionate about seeing our cutting-edge contributions played out in the real world.