Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the country’s rail network. This is the biggest ever contract to be awarded in Wales and we will work closely with Transport for Wales to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network.
Creating better places is our purpose and our passion.
Our team of 19,000 works across four continents – making us a leading supplier of consulting and infrastructure support services both in the UK and internationally.
We are an ambitious team and we work hard to succeed both as individuals and as a business. We’ll ask you to help us improve and innovate and in return we’ll help you develop and grow. So your success becomes our success.
Our work makes a difference to the daily lives of almost everyone in the UK. And our team are the driving force behind this success. So we’ll do everything we can to help you achieve your goals - whatever these may be - at every stage of your career. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake a wide range of environmental and energy consultancy work in a variety of different sectors. Duties will include providing advice and guidance on environmental/energy management and suitable technological solutions.
What will this role involve?
- Provide guidance on best methods and practice to meet technical and project requirements
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where, appropriate, brief junior environmental staff
- Liaise with clients on technical matters
- Advise on environmental aspects of projects including but not limited to EIAs, ecological studies, energy use, environmental hazards
- Prepare reports to respond to the EA and Local Authorities regarding the PPG’s, scoping reports, planning submissions and permitting for projects
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations
- Be responsible for environmental staff in respect of: contributing with other professions in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders, timekeeping; technical training requirements; development and resourcing
- Monitor relevant technical aspects of quality plans
- Report variances and provide suggestions for corrective actions Provide input into project quality plans
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent Member of the IEMA or qualifications leading to membership
- Clean driving Licence
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Able problem solving and technical realisation skills
- Sound knowledge of Building Regulations, Planning, Health and Safety, and other relevant legislation
- Proficient with AutoCAD (2004), NBS, and MS Office Suite MS Project an advantage
- Experience as an Environmentalist including in EIAs, ecological and remediation studies, field work and environmental legislation Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in people-management Good communication and presentation skills
- Good communication and presentation skills IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
This position is that of an environmental general practitioner role with potential opportunities to specialise in one or more of the following: Acoustics Air Quality Hydrology Geo-technics Energy/Carbon Waste and recycling Ecology Planning BREEAM/EPC/DEC accreditation Contaminated land and remediation