Fast Track your Career!
Fast Track your Career
Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the Wales and Borders train service and to develop the Cardiff Central Metro. This is the biggest ever contract to be awarded in Wales and we will work closely with TfW to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network.
To deliver the project and to establish a wider consultancy footprint in Wales, Amey is opening a design hub to create new jobs in Cardiff. We are looking to recruit designers, engineers and railway professionals across all rail disciplines for both the design and asset discovery phases of the project.
If you keen to develop a career in the rail environment and you would like to be part of this exciting development for Wales, visit www.amey.co.uk or join us at our recruitment day at the Radisson Blu hotel Cardiff on 3rdJuly.
What is the purpose of this role?
To work as part of the Electrical Power design team to deliver projects.
What will this role involve?
- Actively contributing to site surveys
- Collating technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources (e.g. eB)
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the design process
- Ability to undertake design and assessment work for electrical and lighting installations
- Engaging in CDM/risk analyses
- Undertaking designs to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Preparing design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD
- Support the design team during design submissions
- Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractor
What are we looking for?
- Ideally having BEng/BSc or HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or working towards such a qualification.
- Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Full UK driving licence
- Ideally trained in the 17th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations
- Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient in the use of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of Network Rail, British and European electrical and lighting Standards Good understanding of systems engineering including the Verification & Validation and SRAM processes
- Good understanding of CDM and CSM processes
- Good appreciation of project management processes and structures
- Demonstrates good commercial awareness
- Ideally two years’ experience in electrical design. Railway experience is not essential
- Competent with using electrical design software (e.g. Amtech, etap, etc.)
- Good team player
- Uses clear communication lines within the electrical design team
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of producing designs
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.