Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
Location: Westminster City Council, NW8 8LF
Working hours: 37.5hrs a week - Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:00 (can be flexible)
What will this role involve?
- Liaison with key stakeholders in order to programme support tasks efficiently and effectively
- Carry out porter duties on site
- Ensure premises are maintained in a safe and secure manner
- Carry out general repairs within the site
- React to and execute immediately any general repairs and maintenance duties as required or requested
- Undertake Statuary Inspections (i.e. emergency lighting (Inspections), fire alarms (inspections and reset of equipment) and legionella cleaning of showerheads on a regular basis and recording water temperatures)
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
- General security services including management of CCTV and alarm systems
- Coordinating access of the buildings to third parties
- Mail distribution
What are we looking for?
- Ability to work with an existing team on site
- Customer focused with strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of working on an occupied site would be preferable but not essential
What makes this role unique?
You will undertake duties relating to the operation of buildings and surrounding grounds in line with key SLA and KPIs, ensuring minimal disruption to the daily activities of establishment users.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a security check prior to starting.