Are you interested in playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation in Edinburgh. An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
You will work on a full-time basis (40hrs) on a school’s contract of 40weeks per year.
Shift Pattern: Split Shift 6am- 8am & 3.30pm- 9pm
Location: Royal High School, East Barnton Ave, Edinburgh EH4 6JP
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the cleaning of the school as well as supervising a team of 8 cleaners providing a service to in general, classrooms, meeting rooms, assembly hall and offices
- Stock Checks
- Ensuring that areas are cleaned to the highest standards at all times
- Equipment are maintained and stored correctly
- Always keeping in line with and health and safety regulations
- Checking the work load of other cleaners
- Mobilising the team where necessary
- Weekly cleaning audits
What do you need to be successful?
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and use own initiative
- Demonstrate a reliable and responsible approach
- Welcome the opportunity to learn and support others
- Have supervisory experience, however this is not essential as full training will be provided
You will be required to undergo our PVG checks – please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
What makes Amey unique?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme