Amey has a long and proud history supporting a wide variety of clients in airport infrastructure over the last 80 years, delivering both airside and landside design, construction and maintenance.
Our core consultancy services include airside planning, asset management, design, pavement assessment, design and rehabilitation, airfield stand services, ancillary facilities, aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) and aerodrome safeguarding.
Amey has an increasing footprint in the airport infrastructure market as a result of having a highly-respected team within the industry:
- Our team has a long-standing relationship with the Project, Engineering and Airside Operations Teams at the major civil airports in the UK with continuity stretching back 25 years
- We have active major projects at Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stansted
- We are working alongside some of the UK’s largest contractors in the design and build market
- We are delivering design, consultancy services and expert advice to the aviation sector clients including Airbus, Gama Aviation and others
- We are developing new and existing technologies to deliver innovation in the form of drones and asset management.
As part of our continuing new business development plans we are seeking new clients in both the UK and internationally and expanding the consultancy services we offer. This role is in support of our continued growth and increasing workload and provides a unique chance to join a highly skilled airport design team who are passionate about delivering excellence to our clients.
An experienced chartered Senior Civil Engineer is sought to provide exceptional leadership and management of a design team whilst driving delivery on specified projects. The candidate will be responsible for the design of new and rehabilitated runways, taxiways, stands and other airside infrastructure under the direction of a Principal Civil Engineer.
The candidate will be required to fulfil a managing role within the design team to:
- Deliver all the specified project design outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Comply with all relevant technical standards; including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards
- Maintain good relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the company
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
This role will cover all aspect of the design process and management of a design team to deliver our clients outcomes and will include amongst other things:
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of options
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Undertake design of runways, taxiways, stands and roads, working with other members of the team as required
- Prepare and check of design calculations
- Prepare and check of options analysis reports, survey briefs, input into project health and safety files and other written documents as required
- Managing individual design projects
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
There are a number of qualities that we are looking for:
- Qualified Engineer - (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE desirable)
- Post-qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services. Experience of airport design work is preferable but not essential
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with Office 365 and relevant engineering software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary design teams including electrical and structural engineers
- Experience of the design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits & ducts and stand services
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations
- Knowledge of airport operations
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners and supply chain
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Team player.