Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Business Improvement Project Manager (BIPM) is responsible for managing and delivering improvement projects, and in doing so up-skilling project stakeholders in improvement methodologies and techniques to support the business in delivering the Amey business strategy and increasing customer value.
What will this role involve?
- Identifying the maturity and capacity of allocated business functions, divisions, streams, or contracts to determine the appropriate improvement project strategy
- Developing an improvement project strategy with emphasis on the appropriate levers (e.g. people, processes, or technology) for the principal activities and maturity of the allocated part of the business
- Delivering improvement projects based on business plans and performance data
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers at all levels to gain sponsorship, support, and participation in improvement projects at the appropriate level
- Establishing process and performance measurement and management regimes to support project delivery
- Leading or supporting the delivery of improvement programmes / projects using appropriate structure and controls
- Developing the relevant aspects of the management system to support improvement e.g. review meetings, planning meetings, process and content management
- Leading allocated activities which cross functional, divisional, or contract boundaries
- Demonstrating a consistent approach to improvement using a standard Project Initiation Document (PID), consistent and appropriate programme management and analysis tools, and a standard business case format for every opportunity
- Preparing presentation, training, and promotional materials to support work winning and customer relationships, focusing on case studies with tangible benefits You should deliver, or support the delivery of auditable and cashable savings that exceed the cost of any project resources deployed within a given year
What are we looking for?
- Able to build a consensus within diverse teams Analytical skills – able to interpret patterns and trends from complex data
- Ability to learn rapidly when required Understanding of business improvement philosophies (Lean, Six Sigma) but sufficient experience to understand the appropriate aspects to apply to the business context
- Experience in delivering measurable positive change (typically evidenced by tangible performance improvement and/or cost savings)
- Experience in deploying appropriate structured improvement techniques (such as DMAIC) Encouraging Innovation and
- The BIPM will challenge existing processes, introducing new approaches to improve efficiency and outcomes, actively encouraging and supporting the development of colleagues.
- The BIPM will be able to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders through consultation, advice, facilitation of discussion and resolution of conflict.
- Working and consulting with internal stakeholders in a constructive and helpful way, offering advice, as appropriate to achieve improvement and project milestones and deliverables. This will involve developing relationships with stakeholders to establish trust, credibility and respect.
Achieving and Improving:
- The BIPM will be able to effectively deploy process improvement tools and techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma and using the relevant tools available to schedule, plan, track and correct process performance.
- The BIPM will understand how to obtain and ensure quality results to achieve total customer satisfaction, where appropriate, challenging accepted practices which may inhibit the quality and timeliness of deliverables and implement acceptable solutions which meet client and internal stakeholder needs.
- Learning from experience and regularly monitoring outcomes and acting on feedback.
- The BIPM will be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally, having the ability to translate complex information including client requirements to provide information in a way that is accessible and easily understood.
- The BIPM may need to influence and persuade stakeholders/customers to accept a particular way forward, sometimes dealing with resistance to the proposals.
- The BIPM will be able to manage and motivate the project team, setting achievable objectives and taking responsibility for making decisions and for providing constructive feedback.
- The BIPM will have the ability to plan and manage the deployment of resources to meet project objectives. The BIPM will understand and know how to share information effectively and delegate where appropriate.
What makes this role unique?
You will focus on the continuous improvement of stable aspects of the business so that efficiency savings can be identified and delivered.