What is the purpose of the role?
The purpose of the Highways Engineer role will be carrying out inspections to all highway assets on the A1, M1 and A4 high speed roads.
This role will be based in Lurgan and will be a Mon-Fri Day shift pattern. Overtime opportunities are available plus, the successful candidate will have access to our fantastic Amey benefits on top of a competitive salary.
What will this role involve?
- Routine and corrective maintenance of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems
- Periodic Inspections of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and / or highways systems equipment including electrical testing
- Accurate collection and processing of data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analysis of data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete
- Out of hours working to support service contract requirements
- Standby for emergency repairs
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
What are we looking for?
To be successful as a traffic signals engineer you will be currently working in a position that will have experience/knowledge of the following.:
- Traffic Signal Controllers, Siemens 950, Peek PTC1 predominantly.
- Siemens Stratos outstation equipment.
- Siemens UTC UX in station equipment.
- Various traffic control facilities such as VA, MOVA and UTC SCOOT
- Planning and organisation
- Problem solving
- IT literate
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions
- C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/HNC in an electronic/electrical discipline
- BS 7671 Testing and inspecting
- UK driving licence (essential)
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.