What is the purpose of this role?
Are you a Project Manager with experience in Asset Management?
Here at Amey, within the Transport Infrastructure sector, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our M8 DBFO team.
The role will involve the management road asset on the M8 DBFO project, ensuring interventions are carried out at the correct intervals, and planned in a method to meet the overall contract hand back criteria
- Overseeing asset management experience
- Responsible for planning of renewal / improvement work on the M8 DBFO project
- Producing documentation required for the contract, leading on the O&M Manual and Maintenance Management Plan
We are a progressive employer and offer hybrid and remote working; for this role your local office will be . (Bargeddie, Glasgow)
What will this role involve?
- Overseeing all asset and renewal / improvement work required on the M8 DBFO project
- Production of key contract deliverables – including the O&M Manual and Maintenance Management Plan
- Responsible for managing and implementing processes in line with all asset management requirements
- Ensuring Health and Safety Files are completed for all asset renewal / improvement works
- Lead on the management of pavement and roadside asset
- Overall understanding of all other asset including structures and electrical, and intervention levels required on these assets
- Ensure all inspections, surveys and investigation works are carried out in accordance with the Contract Requirements, and in a timeously manner
- Planning and Production of lifecycle renewal schemes
- Ensuring systems are updated as asset renewal / improvement works are done
- Consulting with the client regarding the Maintenance Management Plan and asset renewal / improvement works, ensuring all required certification has been issued
- Liaising with Amey Consulting regarding all elements of work undertaken by them on the M8 DBFO project
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced manager who can take and be accountable for decisions within a contract. You will be able to manage, develop and motivate a team.
You will be a great communicator and be competent in dealing with clients, external suppliers, local authority and other Operating Company / DBFO contacts
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages (outlook, excel & word)
- Experience in the use of IRIS
- Knowledge of asset management systems
- Understanding of technical processes and documentation required for asset management
- Experience of Asset Management and Highway Maintenance
- Great communicator Competent in dealing with clients, external suppliers, local authority and other Operating Company / DBFO contacts
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will manage the interface between Designers and the Specialist Contractors during the design, procurement and construction phases of a project.