With Amey Water Consulting, you’ll work with UK Water Companies and high-profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the AMP7 regulatory cycle and for key clients such as the Ministry of Defence and HS2.
The water sector has always been one of our core markets and because of our success in building a wide variety of water and wastewater assets, Amey Water Consulting has become a significant provider of water design services. With a growing team of over 100 water designers, working across our 9 water design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Technician. The successful candidate will be able to work under the general direction and supervision of more senior staff, providing technically sound CAD related deliverables for engineering commissions.
Being an experienced Technician (probably gained in a Trainee CAD Technician role or equivalent) at Amey Water Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s working collaboratively within a team environment, delivering projects on time, within budget and to the required quality or working more closely with clients, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
What will this role involve?
- Produce technically sound CAD related deliverables using either 2D or 3D CAD, working under supervision.
- Be familiar with the requirements of BIM on a project and play a lead role in its implementation.
- Be experienced in health, safety and welfare e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and be able to apply these safety principles to the design at hand.
- Be able to comply with technical governance procedures within the Amey Water Consulting team.
What are we looking for?
- Level 2 qualification, i.e. minimum four GCSE’s at grades A* to C including mathematics, English and a recognised science subject.
- An industry recognised CAD related qualification, e.g. Level 3 award in 2D computer aided design.
- Are computer literate and thoroughly conversant with the MS office suite.
- Have good communication skills in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Employ a client focused approach to service delivery.
- Have a willingness to learn.
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey Water Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
Your Career at Amey Water Consulting
At Amey Water Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.