Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with highways maintenance experience, seeking a new challenge in Kent?
Here at Amey we have a new opportunity for a hands-on Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our Transport Infrastructure division, working on the Kent County Council Highways NEC 3 contract.
This contract with Kent County Council offers a fantastic opportunity to an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who wants to be challenged and assist in driving both the contract and their career forward with a very hands on approach. There are 6 depots across Kent and you will visit them regularly to work closely with the Depot Managers.
This is a full time, permanent role and we offer a modern approach to work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements to suit you; and opportunities to work both remotely, and in an office environment, as appropriate.
- Assist the QS's by attending Depots across the County, to liaise with the Depot Teams to maximise value on works completed.
- Ensure subcontractors applications are reviewed and assessed in a timely manner, as per their contract terms.
- Process subcontractor payments on SAP when required.
- Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports and internal and external applications for payments.
- Provide support to the Commercial Managers and Depot Quantity Surveyors as required
- Assist in the production of the month end application to be submitted to the Client.
- Become a point of contact for the Graduate and Apprentice QS's on the contract, to mentor and support their development.
- Assist in the management of contract financial performance to maximise margin.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the Company.
- Review all commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows before submission.
- A proven track record in quantity surveying with experience in a similar role.
- Experience within Highways
- HNC or Equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Degree is advantageous
- Clean Driving Licence
- Desire to become ARICS or MRICS qualified
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Have an awareness and understanding of commercial and financial acumen
- Awareness of Industry issues
- Basic knowledge of NEC 3 contracts
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.