Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to the increased workload, we are seeking to recruit a BIM Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up projects, managing and auditing models, and coordinating with a variety of collaborators.
As a BIM Coordinator at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions as part of our BIM Career path framework.
In a typical week you will:
- Prepare and assist drawings / models for project submissions and deadlines.
- Assist with compliance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Maintain a focus on timely delivery, meeting project deadlines.
- Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) to perform project tasks
- Produce and revise 3D discipline CAD models using BIM software if required
- Integrate asset information with discipline models where applicable
- Use 4D and 5D processes
- Contribute to continuous development of standard libraries and asset database
- Ensure CADQA compliance
- Meet project deadlines
- Mentor trainee CAD Technicians, Senior BIM Modellers and BIM Modellers
- Be accountable for management and maintenance of the federated model
- Collaborate design model production and lead IDCs
- Liaise with Corporate Support and BIM TD
We want to hear from you if:
- EngTech Qualified
- Extensive BIM Level 2 project experience
- Extensive experience of Microstation 3D, ProjectWise, AECOsim or relevant BIM software
- Experience of ProjectWise working environments on multiple datasources
- Awareness of BS1192 or ISO19650, Network Rail and Railway Group Standards
- Previous experience of working within the Rail industry is advantageous
- Experience as a Senior BIM Modeller or BIM Lead
- Experience of Asset tagging, BIM content development and ProjectWise management
- Knowledge of BIM content standards and development procedure
- Knowledge of Network Rail or relevant CAD standards
- Ability to lead CAD trainees, BIM Modellers and apprentices
- Good communication skills dealing with Engineers, Technicians, and the wider project team, suppliers of proprietary products/equipment etc
- Self-motivated individual and with good organisation and communication skills
- Desire to continuously develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability
- A willing, enthusiastic, flexible approach to working
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
Your career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.