Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Signalling Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of Signalling design under the guidance of the Project Design Lead.
Being an Assistant Signalling Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
• Carry out site surveys, identify risks and hazards and provide appropriate reporting
• Carry out design and assessment work for signaling/system elements of projects with minimal supervision
• Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to signaling/systems design
• Prepare both design development reports and detailed Signalling design
• Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
We want to hear from you if:
• A current IRSE Signaling Design Assistant License or be working towards this license
• Knowledge of interfaces between signaling/system engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
• The ability to use the design software in the discipline (CAD etc)
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
Your career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.