We have a role that has become available to be part of our Schools at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
School: Belfast Boys Model School
Address: Ballysillan Road Belfast BT14 8JR
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £18,896 per annum
What will the role involve?
- To work in a team to provide general maintenance tasks and support tradespeople on site.
- Provide a professional assistance service to those requesting support.
- Complete tasks associated with DIY such as hanging notice board, building furniture, repair of items around the prison.
- Checking appliances, fittings and general environment are in good working order and all defects reported to Team Leader.
- General good housekeeping, including litter picking around the grounds if required.
- All other FM duties as required directed by team manager.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Working under direction of team lead
- Always keeping in line with best practice and health and safety regulations.
- Carrying out PPM’s
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview
- Solid experience in DIY/ general building maintenance.
- Technical knowledge and qualifications are desirable.
- IT skills.
- A professional customer/client focussed approach to service delivery.
- Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties.
- Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- COSHH training.
- Full UK driving licence.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.