Our Utilities business is undergoing some positive change and we are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our new finance team in Chorley. Reporting to the Transactional Services Manager you will be responsible for the effective delivery of accounts payable services.
You will need to be a excellent communicator and have a strong customer service ethic with previous experience in a similar role so you can embed into the business and hit the ground running. This is a full time permanent position and will be of a hybrid working model both working from home and the office in Buckshaw, Chorley.
What will this role involve?
- Engage in all aspects of invoice processing & investigate all invoice queries
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Reconcile supplier statements and maintain vendor relationships
- Create payment proposals and post vendor payments
- Be responsible for the resolution of refund queries
- Readying CIS Vendor payments and CIS submissions to HMRC
- Create reports for vendor payments
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the PTP function
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience in an Invoice Management/Vendor Relations/Accounts Payable team considered an advantage
- Able to follow set processes and deliver required outputs with minimal supervision
- Must be able to understand the importance of applying internal controls
- Hands-on experience in Oracle NetSuite Accounts Payable module or other similar system
- Hands-on experience in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel (including vlookups & pivot tables), PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in carrying out Invoice Management / Vendor Relations / Accounts Payable activities
- Excellent attention to detail
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of nominated ledger.