To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
School: University Academy Keighley
Location: Greenhead Road, Keighley BD20 6EB
Salary: £9.70 an hour
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Ordering cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture for the school
- Taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good Team Player
- Flexible with shift work
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Familiar with COSHH standards
Amey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment – please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.