We have a unique opportunity to work closely with the community of Milton Keynes, developing and supporting education in relation to Waste Treatment and recycling. Your role will be to manage and provide communication services for our Milton Keynes site from Reception to the Education Centre and beyond the site at outreach locations. The service provision will be professional, responsive to local demands and have a strategic approach in engaging the wider community. A key part of the role is to organise regular visits, open days and special events such as competitions between school and training activities. You will also provide support when working on the internal, client and external including updating the website, initiating press releases, designing client reports and newsletters.
What will the role involve?
- Own communications delivery for Milton Keynes and be the face of Amey
- Manage the daily operation of reception and front of house services to ensure all visitors have a positive experience
- Coordinate internal and external meetings end to end
- Organise all site visits end to end
- Ensure all front facing spaces, meeting rooms and all equipment are kept in good order and that all equipment is functioning correctly
- Control site access for staff, visitors and contractors in accordance with Amey policy
- Maintain and update education and communications processes, policies and procedures
- Produce written materials (e.g. collateral, press releases, award entries, reports, case studies, internal news items, social media entries etc.) as required
- Produce content for various channels including the internal and external website, social media and collateral (videos, vlogs, infographics etc.) as required including filming and presentations.
- Control of visitor PPE
- Develop all Educational material
What are we looking for?
- Communications qualification (English / Media Studies A Level, relevant communications degree)
- Ability to deal with a diverse community with a wide-ranging age group.
- Demonstrable administrative skill set and experience
- Experience of working in a front line, customer facing position
- Working with communications channels for publishing and measurement/data would be an advantage
- Marketing/communications or related experience
- Passion for recycling, reduction of waste and the environment
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site – mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.