Our Utilities business is undergoing some positive change and we are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join our new finance team in Chorley. Reporting to the Transactional Services Manager you will be responsible for the effective delivery of accounts receivable services.
You will need to be a excellent communicator and have a strong customer service ethic with previous experience in a similar role so you can embed into the business and hit the ground running. This is a full time permanent position and will be of a hybrid working model both working from home and the office in Buckshaw, Chorley.
What will this role involve?
- Post and clear down the daily receipts to the customer sales ledger accounts
- Upload bank files into the system
- Create journals and post them to the sales ledger
- Resolve any queries relating to unidentified receipts
- Manage the unallocated cash and keep it to a minimum
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding unidentified cash items
- Manage cash allocation queries and ensure that they are dealt with in a timely manner
- Run reports that will identify missing transactions
- Actively chase outstanding invoices and applications to ensure receipt within credit terms
- Perform collection activities
- Manage internal and external queries from customers and contracts
- Record and action disputes in a timely manner
- Assist the AP/AR Manager with month end reports and other tasks
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the AR function
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience in an Accounts Receivable team considered an advantage
- Hands-on experience in Oracle NetSuite Accounts Receivable module or other similar system
- Experience in using cash allocation software would be an advantage, but not essential
- Hands-on experience in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel (including vlookups & pivot tables), PowerPoint)
- Able to follow set processes and deliver required outputs with minimal supervision
- Must be able to understand the importance of applying internal controls
- Previous experience in carrying out Accounts Receivable / Credit Control activities
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of nominated ledger.