Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Compliance Enforcement Officer to join the Waste Treatment division as it enters a new phase. Based at the site in Cambridge you will work flexibly, splitting your time between home and office each week.
You will provide administrative support and in time technical coordination as part of the HSEQ team, to enable the business to achieve continual improvement in Health & Safety, Environment and Quality management.
In the context of corporate, business unit and account objectives, understand the HSEQ strategy.
Maintaining Professional Standards
Stay abreast of developments in legislation, regulation and industry best practice through an ongoing process of formal continuing professional development.
Learning and Development
Fully understand the Companies safety policies and procedures. Fully understand the management systems, providing guidance on how to navigate them.
Policy and Procedure Guidance
Support the ‘subject matter expert’ to review Amey management systems, processes and procedures.
Apply safety knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness.
Analyse data and information to identify trends and support the development of improvement plans with the business unit.
- Previous HSEQ administrative support.
- Experience of collating management information and developing reporting tools.
- Experience of drafted management system documents, presentation and briefings.
- Experience of managed online HSEQ systems such as (SharePoint, Airsweb, etc).
- Taken part in a HSEQ assurance regime, (inspections, BSI audits etc.
- Questioning / listening skills to ensure accurate understanding.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a commitment to learning opportunities.
- The ability to use their initiative and work with minimal direction from line manager.
- Pride in the quality and reliability of their work and outputs.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Has the appetite and ability to work collaboratively.
- Produces consistently high quality communications (such as presentations, reports and emails).
- Word and Excel proficient