Here at Amey we are looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager to to work within a unique Transformational Rail Project within South Wales.
The role will be to manage the Overhead Line Electrification (OLE) scope of works, supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in implementing day to day commercial management on a number of target cost contracts; delivering Detailed Design and the associated Project Management Organisation to support delivery of the Core Valley Lines Transformation Works Project for Transport for Wales.
This permanent role is based full time at Treforest, South Wales post-Covid-19 (currently work from home).
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Responsible for creation of robust coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract
- Establish agreed benchmarks and KPIs for the Contract
- Play a leading role in the Management Team Manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties
- Comply with the Amey Values
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Manage up to 6 direct reports
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the Company
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows
- Exercise full cost control of projects including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contracts
- Identify the existence of all variations to the works in conjunction with other project team members
- Identify the existence of any “claim” and “extension of time” situations in conjunction with other project team members
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
To be successful in this position you must have evident experience in quantity surveying and commercial management, ideally within the rail sector.
You should be comfortable in establishing and developing relationships with clients and internal stakeholders, with experience of managing and tracking change, and communicating this effectively.
As part of the team you should be able to work well with your Line Manager; supporting where necessary, and in developing the team, creating a collaborative work environment.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.