Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh Challenge, new opportunity
Amey Consulting’s Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Are you passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects?
Due to the increased workload, we are seeking to recruit a Project Information Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up projects, managing and auditing models, and coordinating with a variety of collaborators. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring multi-disciplinary designs are continuously integrated throughout the development and that inter-disciplinary ‘Digital Design Reviews’ is performed, thereby supporting the Engineering Management function.
You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions as part of our BIM Career Path Framework.
In a typical week you will:
- Developing the required Digital Engineering/Information Management documentation for a project in accordance with the ISO 19650 and/or BS 1192 standards (e.g EIR, BEP, MIDP, etc.).
- Developing Digital Engineering/BIM processes for different projects and clients, including design collaboration procedures, CDE workflows, drawing production procedure, etc., and supporting teams with its successful implementation.
- Manage, coordinate and support the preparation of Federated models to carry out digital design reviews and clash resolution
- Support and upskill project teams in digital delivery, providing guidance and training and troubleshooting issues.
- Support the ongoing development, mentoring and training of our digital team, sharing BIM Knowledge, developing/improving workflows, preparation of best practice guidance and sharing lessons learnt.
- Support the CDE team in the development, implementation and maintenance of our CDE solutions, including compliance/coordination/development of workflows, information requirements, asset data and troubleshooting/issue support, where required.
- Assist with compliance to the relevant BIM standards and Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge about relevant technology developments, process and delivery innovations including BIM standards, digital design tools, asset data and design automation.
- Maintain a focus on timely delivery, meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with central Digital Team and colleagues in other divisions within Amey to support the ongoing development and implementation of Digital Engineering/BIM within Amey.
Skills & experience
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Civil Engineering or Technician degree, relevant to the provision of and performance of the BIM Manager role.
- Relevant professional qualifications (IEng or CEng). Where such professional qualifications are not held the candidates will need to demonstrate extensive and relevant experience for the role.
- Extensive knowledge of the ISO 19650/BS 1192 suite and their associated BIM standards
- Experience in the use of up-to-date digital design software for highway design, particularly Autodesk software such as Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks, Infraworks etc. or relevant BIM software.
- Proficiency in the use of Bentley ProjectWise. Ideally, this should include knowledge about CDE solution configuration and user management.
- Previous experience of working as Project Information Manager within the Highways industry, including appreciation and awareness of common modelling packages used in Highways projects and their interoperability
- Experience with design issue tracking and resolution techniques.
- Experience in a business analyst role, understanding and coordinating complex digital solutions (connecting various CDE, databases, modelling software etc) to enable efficient workflows to deliver a business need.
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Platform or coding e.g. PowerShell, VBA etc. to develop digital solutions.
- Ability to lead others and manage own workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build positive working relationships.
- Able to demonstrate an experienced multidisciplinary approach to design, independent of the background.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.