About the opportunity
Working as part of our Regional Prime contract, your role as Administrator will be to support a programme of Additional Works (Projects) for area of remit, ensuring a high quality data production and provide advice and support to the team regarding all processes linked to Additional Works.
Our operations across the Regional Prime contracts provide a diverse range of services including planned and response repairs tasks, estate management and grounds maintenance services, professional services and soft services.
This is a full-time, permanent position based at RNAS Yeovilton, BA22 8HT.
Working pattern Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week.
We are offering a salary up to £20,000 per annum for this role plus a range of Amey benefits.
Security clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
Driving license preferred due to occasional travel to other sites within the South West prime contract.
What will this role involve?
- Provide administrative support to Senior Project Manager and Area Manager for the effective, compliant and timely delivery of departmental duties in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls promptly and professionally.
- Preparation and maintenance of reports as required by management utilising MS Excel, WorkManager or other bespoke IT systems to monitor business performance.
- Support management in formal meetings including booking suitable facilities, confirming site access for non-pass holders, recording attendance and producing accurate minutes and action logs
- Where required, maintain the office filing system in accordance with Amey policy, both electronic and hard copy files.
- Assist the Project Managers with raising of statement of Needs
- Updating of Project log notes
- Assist Senior Project manager with Project updates to end user and client
- Review training matrix and learn upon and liaise with training team for project managers
- Management of the ordering of PPE and stationary for project managers
- Collation and management of contract and security compliance
What are we looking for?
- NVQ level 2 qualification in Administration, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Significant practical experience in administration including a good understanding of administration requirements in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Able to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Undertake training to meet the requirements of the role
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communications skills are required to engage with colleagues across the business
- Work with others within the Amey team along with external customers in order to achieve collaborative outcomes
- Experience working within Construction, Property Maintenance or MOD environments desirable
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.