Are you seeking a Bid Writing Manager opportunity? Do you have experience of technical bid writing?
Based within the Business Growth function of the Secure Infrastructure (SI) division of Amey, you will be part of a talented team spearheading growth in complex support services and the defence market. As Bid Writing Manager you will oversee the team of Bid Writers, and work closely with the Bid Managers and Bid Coordinators.
Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long Negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5M pa through to £150M pa. Bid stages to support include Soft Market Tests (working with Business Development colleagues), Expressions of Interest, PQQ, ITT/ITN, ISOS/ISDS, BAFO as well as transferring material to Knowledge Resources.
This opportunity would suit someone with at least 3-5 years bid writing experience who enjoys producing high quality bid material and has worked within a large, complex business.
This role can be undertaken remotely with meetings once or twice per month at different locations around the UK.
- Management of Bid Writing resources for assigned bids, PQQ and other bid related documents.
- Procuring interim resources to support peak bid activities.
- Organising and managing the Bid Writing Team to produce draft and final edited documents to the agreed structure, format and timescales.
- Contributing to the writing of bid responses, including Executive Summaries.
- Producing bid documentation to include effective use of graphics, images and case study material.
- Analyse client requirements including compliance and scoring.
- Help to identify win themes and story boarding to shape the content of responses.
- Help bid team members with sourcing material from Knowledge resources and previous bids, maximising the sharing of best practice.
- Access Knowledge Resources and technical input from team members to craft responses to specific client questions, backed up with evidence and case studies.
- Reviewing Bid submissions.
- Coaching and mentoring Bid Writers.
- Managing agreed bid improvement projects
What are we looking for?
- Degree level education in a writing-based subject
- MS Office – Word Advanced Level and PowerPoint Advanced Level
- MS Teams and SharePoint – Advanced Level
- Flexible, calm under pressure, takes ownership, and has a sense of fun.
- Thorough in approach, diligent, with keen attention to detail.
- Deadline and process oriented.
- Well organised with the capacity to take on large volume of tasks
- Experience of the bid process and of managing teams.
- Ability to produce expressive, easy-to-read written material quickly.
- Experience of developing knowledge libraries and document management systems
- Must have confidence and communication skills to be able to interact with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.