We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
Are you an aspiring CAD Technician passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a CAD Technician into our Telecoms team. The successful candidate will assist the Engineering Team with the development and production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated drawing / model production, reporting and administration. They will also provide support and assistance to the team in all relevant aspects of service delivery to meet Client and Amey objectives.
As a CAD Technician at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
Assist and develop a knowledge base through in-team and external training to cover the following:
• Preparing and assisting with drawing / model production.
• Assisting the engineering team with the preparation of technical documentation and reports, specifications, quantities etc.
• Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineering team and the Amey CAD manual.
• Assisting with compliance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
• Maintaining a focus on timely delivery, be able to plan and estimate drawing / model production, and be able to deliver against these plans.
• Assisting with project related correspondence and project administration, including Quality Assurance responsibilities.
• Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions.
• Assist the BIM Coordinator with project collaboration.
• Assist the CAD Lead with CAD QA checks to ensure CAD compliance.
• Assisting with meta-data checks in the Common Data Environment
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Knowledge and understanding of Microstation or equivalent CAD package
• Awareness of other design packages, ProjectWise advantageous
• Good IT Skills, including Microsoft Teams, Yammer and Sharepoint
• Good communication skills
• Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM) advantageous
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
• Competitive salary
• Exceptional development and progression plan
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges. You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.