We are seeking an experienced Cleaner/Handyperson to work as a part of our team who are delivering essential highways services in Kent.
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be responsible for the cleaning of 6 depots across Kent which our Highways Maintenance Teams supporting our client Kent County Council operate from. You will also complete minor DIY type repairs within the depots as required.
What will the role involve?
• Maintain high technical standards whilst carrying out cleaning activity and DIY repairs
• Attend project and work briefings as required.
• Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
• To keep records and complete all necessary paperwork
• Communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey and sub-contractors
What are we looking for?
• Full UK Driving licence as you will be based in Aylesford but travel to other depots in Kent
• Previous cleaning and DIY within a commercial setting
• Able to work 40 hours per week across Monday to Friday
In return you will get a permanent role with a competitive salary along with 24 days holiday, pension, life assurance and other great flexible benefits.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.