We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Do you want to work on a high- profile project in the rail industry like Wales and Borders?
Here at Amey we support the multi-billion-pound contract to run the Wales and Borders train service and to develop the Cardiff Central Metro. We will work closely with TfW to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network. We will continue to provide support to TfW Ltd in delivering key projects such as the introduction of new rolling stock and the construction of the £738m South Wales Metro (SWM) transport project, a planned multi-modal transport system, which incorporates trains, light rail and bus services.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To support the Wiring & Registration Project Manager in the delivery of the operational aspects of the Registration Package of Works for W&B Transformation and any other works allocated in and effective manner, conforming to contract specification the approved programme and targets costs.
- To support the Wiring & Registration Project Manager in the implementation of safe working practices relating to operational and occupational safety
- To provide guidance and direction for the team to achieve delivery of the contracted works.
- To support the commercial team to ensure timely reporting and proper management of financial affairs.
- Contribute to the development of positive working relationship with the wider Project Team, Client and stakeholders through collaborative working.
What will this role involve?
- Support the Wiring & Registration Project Manager ensuring duties are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of the timely submission and delivery of the steelwork programme across Registration work Package for the CVL works. Support the Wiring & Registration Project Manager in meeting compliance of all assurance requirements and the strict control of all as-built data.
- Ensure that all safety documentation is produced and approved for all work being carried out under the package.
- Contribute to the weekly construction meetings ensuring that accurate details of progress to date and forecasts are being provided for review.
- Co-ordination of all works package activities & disciplines to ensure a cohesive plan.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the agreed work package plans with the Wiring & Registration Project Manager, ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and effective manner to cost, to specification and to plan.
- Interface with MDC to follow a materials process that ensures the timely delivery of materials.
- Ensure health and safety matters are properly controlled to the relevant standards and that policy is clearly communicated and implemented to all involved in the works.
- Ensuring that all relevant and applicable company procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To promote, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental management in line with the objectives set by the business.
- Implement systems to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to commencement of the works.
- Comply with the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial, commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
- Ensure all operations staff fulfils their potential through performance review with recommendations for developmental training.
- Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support targets through continuous business improvement.
- Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
- Report the progress and performance against the contract, in collaboration with the Wiring & Registration Project Manager at weekly and monthly business reviews.
- Work with the Wiring & Registration Project Manager to ensure that the operations organisation is properly resourced with competent people in order to deliver these key accountabilities.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and experience with various wiring methodologies both conventional and high output experience would be beneficial
- Proven experience of commissioning and associated activities and working within strict engineering tolerances.
- Experience in various OCS systems found within the UK, including UKMS 100 and Series 2.
- SMSTS & PTS
- OLEC 1 & OLEC 5 for works covered
- Ideally a formal Engineering qualification
- IOSH Managing safely
- Good understanding of the construction / railway industry.
- Understanding of Railway Planning systems
- Working knowledge and application of the CDM Regulations
- Knowledge of accident investigation techniques
- Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills and capable of interfacing at all levels in the organisation.
- Exhibit behaviours that will support and develop collaborative working.
- Excellent management skills
- Understanding commercial processes and requirements.
- It should be noted that this post will entail shift working including weekends on site