About the role
Amey are proud to deliver key public services within our Utilities Sector across the UK, partnering key clients like Severn Trent Water, United Utilities, Yorkshire Water, Scottish Water, SP Energy Networks and Northern Power Grid.
As HSEQ Manager you will provide technical specialist support to the Severn Trent Water contract. In this role you will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders providing tactical support from a HSEQ standpoint. Within Amey you will report directly to the Head of HSEQ for Utilities and assist the Account Director and operational staff to achieve Amey’s health, safety and wellbeing goals. This position also holds responsibility for overseeing the account health and safety performance and developing, implementing and monitoring health and safety strategies to help build success over the long term.
What will this role involve?
- Support the Account Director – produce reports, lead and review health and safety investigations and Director reviews
- Team Management – you will be expected to manage a small team of Health and Safety Operational Advisers and a Quality team.
- Risk Assessment – review risk assessments and control measures, identify measures to further reduce risk
- Assurance – undertake audit and inspection, working with Account Teams on improvement action plans
- Compliance Obligations – review and make changes to Management System Processes and Compulsory Risk Controls, update compliance obligations, communicate requirements to operational teams
- Communications – write alert/bulletin/memo/newsletter/report content, obtain approval and communicate
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive individual with demonstrable experience of providing health and safety technical expertise to a variety of stakeholders. Any experience delivering this in the Utilities industry would be highly beneficial. It is imperative that you are personable and able to communicate effectively at all levels. Other specific requirements are outlined below:
- Provide proactive and professional support in relation to HSEQ compliance and best HSEQ practice.
- Help operational managers to formulate effective compliance and improvement plans aligned to corporate HSEQ strategy and those of our customers.
- Act as a commercially aware, focused, business-minded adviser to effect the sensible application of HSEQ management and compliance.
- Contribute to driving sustainable culture change through the short and long term planning of HSEQ activity and resources.Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent level qualification within a relevant discipline
- Graduate member of IOSH/CMIOSH or working towards CMIOSH
- A full and current driving licenceExperience
- Developing and implementing new working methods and initiatives that could improve health and safety compliance across the business.
- Working within a diverse and complex operating business.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.