To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
School: Netherwood Academy
Location: Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 8FE
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours Per Week: 37.5
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Ordering cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture for the school
- Taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good Team Player
- Flexible with shift work
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Familiar with COSHH standards
Amey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment – please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.