We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a BIM Modeller passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a BIM Modeller. The successful candidate will undertake production of design drawing packages, working as part of a dedicated design engineering team.
As a BIM Modeller at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions as part of our BIM Career path framework.
In a typical week you will:
- Prepare and assist drawings and discipline models for project submissions and deadlines
- Assist with compliance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Maintain a focus on timely delivery, meeting project deadlines
- Assist Information Manager or BIM Coordinator with model coordination and CAD QA checks to ensure CAD compliance
- Use Building Information Modelling (BIM) to perform project tasks
- Produce and revise 3D discipline CAD models using BIM software
- Integrate asset information with discipline models where applicable
- Use 4D and 5D processes
- Contribute to continuous development of standard libraries and asset database
- Ensure CADQA compliance
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Qualified or working towards EngTech
- BIM Level 2 project experience
- Previous experience of working within the Rail industry is highly advantageous
- Solid previous experience as a CAD Technician
- Experience of ProjectWise, Microstation 3D, AECOsim or relevant design software.
- Awareness of BS1192 or ISO19650, Network Rail and Railway Group Standards
- Good communication skills dealing with Engineers, other Technicians, and the wider project team, suppliers of proprietary products/equipment etc
- Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Self-motivated individual and with good organisation and communication skills
- Desire to continuously develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability
- A willing, enthusiastic, flexible approach to working
- Ability to relate and interact successfully with a multi-cultural workforce at all levels
- Able to use initiative and a adopt a proactive approach
- Methodical, ability to closely follow processes
- Willing to take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM modelling content for a project
- Innovative approach to designs and standard engineering practice
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.