Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
About the role
Based out of the Matchworks, Liverpool, you will be working as part of our award winning customer service centre which provides 24/7 support to our Defence contracts across the UK. You will aid in the management and delivery of a best in class customer service through managing a team of Customer Service Advisors, supporting and enabling right first-time delivery for customers.
This is a 6 month temporary position available for INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY.
Mon – Friday – shift rotation working between 07:00-20:00
We are offering a salary of £25,000 plus benefits package for this role
About the role
- Create a culture of care and employee happiness within the team
- Provide line management, coaching and support to direct reports to enable right first-time delivery for customers
- Manage team performance, achieving KPIs, increasing customer satisfaction, improving operating efficiency, and implementing change when opportunities arise
- Support the development of competency within the team
- Assist the implementation of customer service improvement plans
- Collaborate with team and wider delivery team to build and develop a strong one team culture which is enthusiastic and passionate about company goals and objectives (aligned to collaborative working plan)
- Display excellent collaborative behaviour in building and maintaining successful working and partnering relationships and communication channels with stakeholders, customers and clients (aligned to stakeholder management plan)
- Expert in area specific processes, legislation and contract requirements
- Maintain knowledge of all contractual information, regulations and relationships
- Ensure adherence to Amey policies including Zero Code, SAP, PDR’s, absence management, disciplinary, formal procedures in line with current HR policies and procedure
- Manage within a robust quality management framework to incorporate data and customer, client and colleague feedback to improve quality
What are we looking for?
- Excellent people manager within a customer service environment
- Performance management
- Collaboration to enable business success
- Customer service expertise
- Issue resolution expertise
- Demonstrable experience in relevant areas of specialism within medium to large scale customer service operations / large enterprise
- Performance reporting/analytics desirable
- Working within a secure or military environment desirable