Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship Programme
We’ve partnered with Strathclyde and Heriot Watt Universities to offer a Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship Programme where you’ll gain an engineering degree at the same time as getting real experience on the job and working on civil engineering projects for Amey Consulting. If you’re looking for a way into civil engineering, the programme provides the perfect opportunity to kick start your career.
As an Apprentice Civil Engineer at Amey, you’ll be involved in the design and maintenance of highways and railways across the whole of the UK. You’ll have lots of opportunities to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained to solving practical real-world problems.
You’ll see your work progress from initial design to construction, with every project being different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career.
What you'll get whilst on the programme
- A fully funded four year Civil Engineering BEng (HONS) degree course backed by on the job vocational training in one of our professional design offices.
- Experience and competency development leading to the award of Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status with the Institution of Civil Engineers through successful completion of the end point assessment. Beyond this, there will be an opportunity to progress to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status if you wish.
- A competitive starting salary (£19,344 per year) rising in line with your progress and achievements.
- Civil engineering experience working as part of a professional team, gained through involvement with real schemes in the design office and on site
- A structured programme of targeted training and development activities, designed to complement what you will learn at university and whilst working
What we're looking for
- Available to join the programme in September 2021.
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally.
- A commitment to complete a four year degree course whilst working.
- The drive to complete the end point assessment and gain Incorporated Engineer status.
- Qualification requirements – minimum of 4 Highers including Maths plus another Science/Technology subject, e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Engineering (achieved).
What we'll give you in return
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme:
- A competitive starting salary from £19,344 per annum, and you’ll have annual salary reviews based on your performance.
- A fully funded Civil Engineering degree course .
- A structured career route through to Incorporated Engineer status with an option to progress further to Chartered status.
- As an Amey employee, you’ll be eligible for our wider benefits and rewards for example, professional subscriptions, our Employee Assistance Programme, Save with Amey – a fantastic discount scheme for all employees and not to forget our Amey Flexible Benefits Programme where you can opt for benefits that suit you
- You’ll receive mentoring and guidance from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
- We as a business will support you every step of the way; you’ll have a manager to mentor your progress, a buddy to guide you whilst on programme and access to a dedicated Early Careers community to support you.
- To support with your personal development, you’ll take part in webinars with the wider Apprentice community as well as Wellbeing events to ensure you’re getting the support you need.
At Amey Consulting we deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners; giving you the unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you deliver your best. We’re proud of what we do, because we’re all given the freedom to perform - it’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask the right questions to arrive at smarter solutions because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means smarter outcomes for our clients, our communities and ourselves.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.