We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Senior Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Track Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake the production of permanent way design, working as part of a dedicated track design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the permanent way elements of a complete project.
Being an experienced Senior Track Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- Plan surveys and lead site survey teams
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the design process, Network Rail’s technical approvals process and engineering management
- Ability to undertake design work for civil / track design elements of projects and check the work of others
- Undertake CDM/CSM/risk analyses
- Check designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
- Manage the civil and track design for small projects
- Communicate effectively with the client and other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- Provide resource estimates for civil / track engineering input to tenders
- Develop and mentor graduate and engineers towards UK Spec IEng/CEng
- Act as a CRE and deputise for the CEM if appropriate
- Have a working knowledge of BIM and be able to assist others in the use of BIM
- Assist with the close out DRN's for schemes they are responsible for
- Understand the interfaces between all railway disciplines and how these are managed.
- Be able to recognise changes to the scope, that will affect cost and programme; be aware of process for reporting the change to the project manager
- Act as delivery manager for small schemes ensuring hours spent are in line with the estimated hours and advise project team of any change in advance.
- Ability to use the design software in the discipline and mentor others.
We want to hear from you if:
- Achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent), plus post qualification experience in a relevant engineering area.
- MEng/BEng (or equivalent) degree and significant relevant experience, confirmed using the authority to work process.
- Proven experience in a Track Design Engineer role
- Full understanding of the Grip For Track Process and Network rail GRIP Process
- Proficient knowledge of Grip 3, 4 and 5
- Experience with Microstation, PRT, ClearRoute 2, SD Calculator or Track-Ex
- Signed off as an approved CRE for both plain line and S&C schemes
- Have a good understanding of BIM
- PTS Trained
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.