We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Senior Geotechnical Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will support the Principal Engineer within the ground engineering design team to ensure the delivery of all project requirements on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications.
Being an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- Undertake a wide range of geotechnical design work, fully compliant with Eurocode 7
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, management and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals / assessments and other technical documents as required
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior technicians and assistant/graduate engineers
We want to hear from you if you have:
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics)
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer (CEng, CGeol or equivalent)
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
- Previous experience in rail and/or highways
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Broad experience in ground investigation and geotechnical design
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH working safely
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.