Service Delivery Transformation Manager
Amey Secure Infrastructure
Level: Band C
Amey Secure Infrastructure (ASI) are looking to appoint a Service Delivery Transformation manager to drive operational optimizations within the business.
ASI generate large amounts of structured and unstructured data in order to conduct their operations. There is a need for a data-analytics programme in order to identify a series of priorities for operational change and optimization, ranging from improving conformance with repair times, through better planning of refurbishment work to driving better data quality and ultimately improved P&L management.
Additionally the IT systems that underpin the delivery are evolving and an important part of this role will be to help shape the data needs and test the ability of the new IT system to deliver analytic insight driving service improvements.
This is a varied and attractive role. The successful candidate will need to be both numerate with some interest or experience in data science, and a good communicator, able to work with multiple stakeholders and at multiple levels in the organisation (ranging from work-gangs through to senior management) to achieve the operational transformation necessary.
What will the role involve?
- Work within ASI and call upon support from Strategic Consulting and Group IT to implement dashboards drawing on existing SC analysis to visualise current contract performance.
- Interface with a variety of stakeholders, primarily operational managers, team leaders and subcontractor managers, to drive operational and process changes to improve performance in the current contract to meet the required standards for the new FDIS contract.
- manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets
- identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- set up and maintain automated data processes
- produce and track key performance indicators
- develop and support reporting processes
- monitor and audit data quality
- liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool
What do you need to be successful?
- Numerate, with an understanding of the principals of data science, and how it can be used to improve operational performance.
- You will be familiar with dashboarding tools such as PowerBI to enable you to oversee the development of a range of dashboards to inform the transformation work
- A good communicator, both written and orally.
- Persuasive, and able to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, ranging from work team leaders, through operational managers and subcontractor organisation managers, trough to senior leadership
- Curious, and willing to dig into problems to understand their real causes.
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for developing and supporting improvement projects and programmes that are aligned with the overall Amey business strategy. You will typically manage one large project or a small number of simultaneous projects – impacting on circa 100-1000 people