We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Construction & Structures Manager will be responsible for site operations in relation to delivery of highway maintenance and improvement schemes in the East Midlands Area(Area 7 Network). Additional duty is to perform the role of Structures Maintenance Manager, creating and overseeing the forward Structures Programme, working with the local operations teams to plan and resource the safe maintenance of the works in accordance with the relevant Highways England Structures Maintenance Handbook(version 9.0 currently).
Managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract.
Managing and administering the Structures Maintenance Work in accordance with the contract.( checking of the Structure Drainage System,Clear and Check Manholes in Safety Zone, Clear Weep Pipes, clean and check Gratings and Gullies, Check for tightness, replace as required Nuts and Bolts, Remove graffiti, algae etc, Report Defects).
Assisting with the implementation of the duties of the Principal Contractor under CDM and/or undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC conditions of contract.
What will this role involve?
- To provide a forward Structures Maintenance programme, work with the client to produce localised Scheme delivery programmes when required.
- Deliver works to programme and budget. Focus on ‘right first time’ and no delays.
- Effective use and control of supervisory resources.
- Provide detailed instruction to teams.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and documents as necessary.
- Attend meetings.
- Assist with project administration and control/coordinate any other projects as required.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and procedures.
- Oversee measurement and valuation of work carried out.
- Review design and contractual options during the design process.
What are we looking for?
What are we looking for?
- Good at, Planning and organisation
- Problem solving
- IT literate including experience of Microsoft Project, excel etc
- Good all round project management knowledge
- Drive and determination
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Personal Highways Safety, Environmental Awareness for Managers, SMSTS Site Management Safety/IOSH Managing SafelyA track record of successful delivery of projects
- A track record of successful delivery of projects
- A variety of construction operations
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Appropriate CSCS card
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Able to travel independently to work.
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
- Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward,
- Make and implement difficult and / or unpopular decisions
SMSTS (CITB Supervisors Safety Training Scheme).
NRSWA Site Supervisor
Experience in the delivery of the Principal Contractor's obligations under the CDM Regulations 2015 and role of the Supervisor under the NEC.
What makes this role unique?
You will typically be responsible for revenue of up to £10m and manage a headcount of up to 50 people.