Amey Apprenticeship Programe
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Highways business. By joining our Apprentice scheme in Staffordshire, you will embark on a journey that provides you with excellent career development opportunities within Highways maintenance.
You will be studying towards your Level 2 qualification while working alongside our experienced team of Highways professionals delivering a full range of services to Staffordshire County Council Highways. This is a really exciting time for Amey & Staffordshire County Council with exciting new developments that our apprentices will be able to be involved in.
**You will be working towards and gain NVQ Level 2 Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services - Highways Maintenance**
What will this role involve?
As part of a two or three-person team you will undertake a wide range of reactive maintenance tasks on both footways and the live carriageway. These will include but are not limited to the following:
- Breaking out and the replacement of carriageway and footway surfacing.
- Laying kerbs.
- Undertaking minor drainage works.
- Minor fencing.
- Ironwork and street furniture replacement.
- Traffic management & Sign replacement
- Driving vehicles and plant
- Attending emergency incidents
What are we looking for?
One of the best things about an Apprenticeship with Amey is that you do not need to have previous experience in working on our busy highways. However, you should be able to demonstrate an interest in Highways Maintenance, and a willingness to develop yourself within the area.
As this is an operational role we are looking for people who are willing to get hands on and stuck in! You should be comfortable working outside come wind, rain or shine and as you will be working on the Highways it is essential that you have a good understanding of Health & Safety, and can be confident in that environment.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate/have:
- A minimum of two GCSE’s grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent), desirable.
- A valid UK driving license.
- Interest in working in Highway Maintenance.
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme. We’ll give you mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
- Your starting salary will be competitive and you may be eligible to receive performance related pay increases whilst on the programme
- Paid holiday
- All PPE where required
- apprentices have the option to complete the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award We as a business will support you every step of the way; we even have a dedicated HR Manager to guide you through and mentor your progress!