What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the team achieve delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time and in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to ensure that all project work is undertaken in compliance with all relevant technical standards including HSEA requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in highways development management including an exciting and varied range of S38 and S278 projects.
You will play a major role in developing the service to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
What will this role involve?
- Provide a highways related response to planning applications to fully meet the client specification and time scales
- Assisting in managing the S38 and S278 agreements
- Carrying out site visits and inspections and preparing reports
- Attending meetings with clients, developers, contractors and designers
- Drafting of technical transportation reports
- Attendance at client progress and design meetings as required
- Provide technical administrative support including project administration, record keeping, filing etc
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification to satisfy the current entry requirements for: CEng or IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE, or equivalent
- Part way through or recently completed the necessary training requirements for CPR or IPR or equivalent for other technical disciplines
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Basic project experience
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Personal highways safety
- IOSH working safely
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.
We challenge the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’. We think about how consumer behaviours – and expectations – are changing and leverage human data as much as big data. We are infrastructure technologists AND futurologists: long-term vision powering lifetime value. We have intelligent heads but our boots are firmly on the ground: challenging, anticipating, solving, inventing. Inspiring with science, not blinding by it. Passionate about seeing our cutting-edge contributions played out in the real world.