- Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
- Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
- Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park brings together state-of-the-art mechanical treatment and energy recovery technologies to make the most of Milton Keynes’ black bag waste rubbish in a sustainable way.
The role of the Stores Assistant is to be both administrating stock spares as per set guidelines including receiving, booking and managing all spares also liaising with maintenance team and line manager to manage spares actively on a day to day basis. –
These spares are critical asset of Mechanical Treatment (MT), Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and Advanced Thermal Treatment (ATT)
The Stores assistant (in conjunction with Maintenance Planner & Pirana controller) will ensure all spares are being maintained in stores above minimum re ordering point. Also make sure that all part used are being reordered within the next working day to avoid delays. Any discrepancy in the Pirana system needs to be highlighted asap.
The Stores Assistant will have to laisse with vendors and supplier to search for best available spares and work with maintenance planner to ensure timely and quality procurement of spares.
The Stores Assistant will ensure record of all spares is up to date also be responsible for professional level of housekeeping and HSEQ standards. Store assistant will be carryout continuous stock audits to find gaps and potential hazards to plant operation.
The individual will have a broad knowledge of operating computer, ability to use excel and accessing internet to use search engines and supplier websites, using a CMMS system (training provided for specific model) and a full driving licence.
What will this role involve?
- Accurately organise/ reconcile stock counts and maintain and manage stock collection of any parts as and when required, including monthly rolling stock checks
- To ensure Material Safety Data Sheets are provided for all chemical substances and materials potentially hazardous to health, and which fall under COSHH. Also ensure all stock requiring certifications are received and filed
- Ensure sufficient levels of PPE are available in the Stores and ensure ongoing PPE is logged to the relevant person. Maintain 5S and safety standards in the stores
- Manage deliveries on site with attention to 5S and housekeeping
- Conduct obsolescence survey and report to line manager
- Keep the stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times
- Willing to step up into Store’s Mmanager role in their absence.
- Management of key Stores deliverables:
- Long Lead and Critical spares availability
- Consumable spares availability
- Up to date stock control records maintained on Site CMMS
- Positive minded and team player.
- Quantified review of general performance and meeting set targets undertaken by the Maintenance Manager
What are we looking for?
Qualifications and Experience
- Fork lift truck licence
- Manual handling
- Proven experience in a Stock/ Inventory Control role or related experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in using Business Intelligence Software applications such as Pirana, MS office, internet, emailing system. etc
- Experience in using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) software for stock level recording, control and system allocation
What makes this role unique?
Through your expertise you will be able to demonstrate successful delivery of cost reductions.