Think big, create better
Are you a Senior Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior OLE Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of OLE design, as part of a dedicated OLE design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the elements of a complete project.
Being an experienced Senior OLE Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- Carry out site surveys, identify risks and hazards and provide appropriate reporting
- Provide conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design
- Prepare feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to OLE design
- Prepare design and assessment reports and produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians and junior engineers
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- Support Principal Engineers & CRE’s with design
- Act as lead designer taking cognizance for budgets and programme deadlines
- Follow Safe by Design procedures & CDM regulations
- Support construction with design queries
- Act as independent checker for designs
- Undertake Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) roles for OLE design in accordance with Network Rail standards with delivery manager duties
We want to hear from you if:
- A degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng.
- Completed Amey's Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
- Knowledge of interfaces between OLE engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- Obtain IEng status
- An understanding of the requirements of the UK Spec for CEng qualification.
- The ability to use the design software in the discipline
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and a familiarity with railway standards
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.