As the Project manager, reporting into the HR Project lead, your focus will be to control and manage the delivery of HR projects covering technology and business work-streams over the full project lifecycle. You will be adept at utilising the necessary systems and HR resources, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
Key accountabilities include
- Devising and owning the HR Project plan, identify key milestones are and communicate with all key stakeholders
- Ensure projects evaluate the impacts of change on the operating model (process, governance, people, organisation, location, systems, data) and addresses the impact effectively through deployment of relevant tools and skills e.g. stakeholder mapping, communications, training, process design, organisational design
- Create effective, informed and highly motivated teams focused on delivering the benefits of the project through working with key stakeholders, SME’s, and other programmes/projects and teams to ensure cross-team cooperation and coordination
- Scope, plan, and deliver projects, to meet an agreed set of business needs, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Create business cases, project documentation ensuring they are robust and the required level of business support and signoff is obtained Ensure best value is obtained for the project
- Devises and manages a regular project reporting mechanism for the HR team and relevant business leaders
- Evaluate and close project, identify and analyse lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to customer and/or line management
- Tracking and monitoring progress and escalating business risks where appropriate
- Communicate and provide visibility of the progress of the project, escalating to the Project Sponsor and Steering Committee, and providing evaluated recommendations for changes
You will have a proven background in managing projects with a keen understanding of the project management discipline and best practice.
The successful candidate will have experience of major change programmes in complex organisations and managing systems implementations.
You will be data savvy and an expert in relevant O365 application, most notably Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. You will be ready and able to take the initiative and identify where value can be added.
You’ll champion departmental culture and process – continuously challenging and looking for innovative and efficiency improvement
Show passion and enthusiasm to move projects along within the allocated resources
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our ‘Better Places’ goal. We’re a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.