Amey have recently won a large scale Street Lighting contract in Scotland to design and install approximately 54,000 energy efficient street lights for the City of Edinburgh Council. Due to this project we are growing our team and are looking for Designers, Street Lighting Surveyors and an AutoCAD Technician. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to be part of this new team.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake site investigations to collate information and provide technical expertise on all aspects of street lighting and associated electrical infrastructure.
What will this role involve?
- You will play an important role within the delivery of a large volume street lighting replacement contract, supporting the design team to deliver projects within agreed timescales and budgets
- Undertake site investigations to collate relevant information and provide technical expertise on all aspects of street lighting and associated electrical infrastructure; to enable the production of lighting designs
- Review and develop the street lighting and electrical inventory
- Undertake photometry verifications of installed luminaires
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are given the highest priority
- Assist with other technical matters arising assocaited with the street lighting replacement project
- To assist Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating, Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Preparing and assisting with drawing production
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Dealing with project related correspondence
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
- Assisting in project administration
- Assisting with compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
- Educated in an Electrical Engineering or other appropriate based discipline
- Highly motivated with the ability to work conscientiously on your own or part as a team to ensure that works you are responsible are carried out to meet requirements; first time, within agreed timescales and in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of Electrical and Street Lighting Engineering requirements
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Ideally familiar with TR22 assessments
- Computer literate (e.g. working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programmes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Full driving licence
- You will be able to work in an outdoor environment and be flexible in your working hours.
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Environmental Awareness
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.
We challenge the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’. We think about how consumer behaviours – and expectations – are changing and leverage human data as much as big data. We are infrastructure technologists AND futurologists: long-term vision powering lifetime value. We have intelligent heads but our boots are firmly on the ground: challenging, anticipating, solving, inventing. Inspiring with science, not blinding by it. Passionate about seeing our cutting-edge contributions played out in the real world.