At Amey Consulting, our team of consultants, engineers and designers deliver forward thinking solutions for many of the world’s biggest asset owners, creating longer lasting, harder working, better performing and more sustainable assets and transforming the places where we live, work and travel.
Our Glasgow and Edinburgh design hubs provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. We deliver projects right across Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes.
Due to growth across the Scotland region we are looking to recruit Assistant Civil Engineers to join our multi-disciplined team. As an engineer at Amey Consulting, delivering forward thinking solutions for many of the world’s biggest asset owners, you can be sure that your specialist expertise will be truly valued. You’ll see your work through from early design to the end result, and every project will be different from the last.
In a typical week you will:
• Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
• Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
• Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision.
• Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.
• Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports.
• Prepare and check the design approach, calculations, drawing and documents.
• Engage with client and third-party liaison.
• Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required.
• Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment.
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Degree educated within Civil Engineering.
• Working towards professional qualifications – Ceng / IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE.
• Experience in delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads.
• Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines.
• Demonstrable experience in roads, structures, traffic or transportation.
• Good CAD, roads design / traffic modelling skills.
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You’ll work in a team that is open minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too.
You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
From complexity comes simplicity.
From better thinking, better solutions