Are you looking for a junior IT advisor role? Do you have excellent MS office experience alongside knowledge of android operating systems? If you are able to provide general IT advice to colleagues in a first line IT role, then read on.
At our central Sheffield site we are maintaining the highways of the area and you will support around 300 colleagues within a small IT team.
This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your basic IT experience and will provide exposure to a variety of stakeholders and the chance to work on a range of projects, alongside your day to day duties.
To provide first line operational support to colleagues using the Amey IT Infrastructure; this will cover standard and more complex IT queries.
- You will work closely with customers to ensure incidents and requests are resolved within SLAs/KPIs
- Communicate with other IT areas where required to ensure client expectations are met
- Pro-actively carry out trend analysis or escalate issues as required
- Drive operational efficiencies, assist with service improvements and deliver services which exceed customer expectations
- Assist team with accurate maintenance of all tools used to manage the services related to area of expertise
- Ensure all procedures implemented are in line with supplier agreements and any relevant compliance procedures and regulations
- Create and maintain technical documentation and procedures relating to area of expertise
Your experience and knowledge
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Intermediate knowledge of IT Hardware/Software and Mobile solutions as well as specific knowledge relating to area of expertise (e.g. Asset Management, IT Procurement/Leasing)
- An understanding of SLAs/KPIs and ability to meet targets
- Good understanding and usage of the Microsoft suite, in particular extensive experience in using MS Excel
- Good analytical capability
- Good logical problem solver
- Experience in various aspects of customer service in an IT environment providing operational support for customers and IT Teams
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role will be £18-20,000 depending upon experience
You will receive 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, and access to a wide range of Amey savings and benefits
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better